- The league will start April 5th and run through September 13th. The points for the monthly and yearly prizes will start May 3rd and end Sept.13th.
- A weekly fee of $7 dollars is required. $5 dollars goes toward that day prizes (including closest to the pin). $2 dollars will go towards monthly and end of year prizes.
- An optional $3 dollars for individual Net skins.
- You must play with another member of the Wednesday league.
- This is an individual league, however the last Wednesday of every month there will be a two person event. You pick your partner.
- If you are over age 60 you may play from the gold tees, you are allowed to play the whites if you choose. Anybody under the age of 60 must play from the white tees. Women play from the red tees.
- The following adjustments will be accounted for to compensate for the play from the different sets of tees. Players playing the gold tees will have 4 strokes deducted from their White Tee handicap. This is based on the difference in course rating between white and gold tees. Players playing the red tees will have 2 strokes added to there red tee handicap. If playing the white tees no adjustments are necessary.
- The league will be flighted according to handicap. The number of flights will be based on participants.
- There will be both gross and net prizes each week in each flight. Gold Tee participants will not be eligible for gross prizes.
- There will be a running point total to award monthly and end of year prizes. Points are accumulated on how you finish in each weeks format.
- We will use only your Wednesday League scores to calculate your handicap for the Wednesday League. Pilgrims Oak will keep a Wednesday League Handicap with only Wednesday league scores.
- The Wednesday handicap will not take into account as many scores as an official USGA handicap, since there may only be 10-15 scores actually posted in a year. Thus handicaps will fluctuate more to reflect how you have played in recent weeks.
- Pilgrims Oak will post your Wednesday scores in the league handicap system. You are responsible to post your scores for your USGA handicap.
- The Wednesday League handicap is an unofficial handicap and can not be used for any other events or tournaments outside of Pilgrim’s Oak Golf Course.
- The schedule for 2017 can be found at this link: 2017_League_updated.pdf
Flights: The league this year will be flighted according to the players handicap after tee adjustments are made.
If league has between:
- 16-30 - Two flights
- 31-46 - Three Flights
- 47+ - Four Flights
- Points will be given out equally in each flight for both gross and net places.
- The amount of points given will be determined by the number of players in the league for that day.
- There will be only one points standing.